Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

I've learned many a lesson in my 26 years on this earth, but maybe none so important as learning to love rather than hate. I think it is instinctual for humans to compete and feel like they must fend off any other human that comes their way, but honestly we're going about this all the wrong way. If only we could learn to see each other as being on the same team rather than as an opponent we could get so much further in this world, not only as individuals, but as a whole human race. I know, sounds kinda cheesy right? Well, that's only because too few of us see life this way. I admit, I have my battle moments and I have been known to put my game face on a time or two and duke it out for something with someone, and there are obviously some situations where this is ok, but overall we all fight each other way too much when we really don't need to. I have lost many an opportunity and many a friend to being this way and I am now gradually learning that when I don't do this the people and relationships in my life are much more fruitful. My life is so much warmer when I put the petty shit aside and really see people and embrace them for who they are. We all have way too many differences to grasp onto them all and put them on blast for each other. As soon as I realized the joy and benefit others brought to my life rather than focusing on how they were going to take from me, things got a whole lot better. Now when I see people doing this it actually kinda makes me sick. It makes me kinda sad to see people wasting perfectly good relationships by being petty although they only have themselves to blame. The way I see it, there are people who come into your life at all different points of your life. Some for a short time and some will be there forever. Some relationships you have to put more effort into and work harder at and some will only be a tiny speck in your overall timeline. Either way start out every relationship with no ulterior motives...be the best you and the best friend, family member or whatever you can be. If you're already into a relationship and you've been petty than stop right now and turn it all around. Don't waste anymore time and don't let your relationships get any worse. This is especially important with family who really don't ever "go away." If you've gotta be together at every family function for the rest of your lives, wouldn't you want it to be happy time spent with those you love rather than petty drama? This won't work for everyone, believe me I've tried. There are some people close to me that no matter how many times I have tried to explain this, they haven't changed, but at least I know is that it's not my fault and I did what I could. My job now is to know this is how they are and realize that I can't do anything about them and adjust my relationship with them as needed. I also know to embrace the people in my life who aren't like this and progress through these relationships wholeheartedly and make the most of the most I have. So please peeps, just learn to love and I promise at least for the most part, you shall be loved in return.

No comments:

Post a Comment