Friday, January 13, 2012

It's All About Me, Deal With It


My new motto!! Actually, that is a flat out lie, I have been saying that shit for years!!! What it means to me now though has and is continuing to evolve. In my college years when this phrase first became popular with me, it was for selfish reasons. I was still a straight out of high school brat with a lot to learn about myself and the world in general. It really was all about me and screw anyone who got in my way. Now, I am in love with the phrase for a totally different reason. It still sounds kind of selfish though doesn't it? Well, it's not. What it now means for me is that I need to do things in this life for me and not worry so much about others.  My goal is to still give and care for others, but to not care so much what they think about me or what they will think of the things I do especially when it is negative. I could, and quite frankly already have, started going crazy worrying my pretty little head about what people will think of the things I do. But I'm now coming to the realization that despite what most people think, their thoughts are just that...tiny invisible voices in THEIR head. Sometimes, somehow these tiny little voices escape their way out of someone's mouth, but it's just noise to be ignored. They are not moats in front of a castle with giant crocodiles, they are not alien force fields that'll zap me if I try to get through. They are a brain creation of someone else's and they have no bearing on what I do from here on out. So from now on if I say it or I do it, it's for me. Nope, I was not taking into consideration what effect it might have on you at all. If it isn't directed at you and it doesn't have your name on it, then it's none ya and if you don't have anything positive to contribute and you don't have something nice to say...Thumper says, "DON'T SAY NOTHIN' AT ALL!!!" Take that, in yo face, karate chop and high ya!! Ha ha ha, I make myself chuckle a bit!! ;) So from now on I'd like to save some peeps some time. I will no longer be accepting negativity in any form of currency and I will be saying and doing what I please without your consent. Any complaints here on out referencing these new changes will be forwarded directly to the Complaints Department, but I warn you, no one works there. I am allowed to make decisions about my life no matter how small or large they are without an unwanted panel of commentators. I will do things to make my life brighter and that of other's without worrying about how bad that makes someone else look for not doing the same. I am no longer face saving for other people who are shitty. If I do something nice and it sheds light on your scum then ya better get to cleanin' up. I don't need to back down from being a good person because some peeps don't know how to step up. Don't rain on other people's parade and shed darkness on other people's light. There are already way too many people in that line of work. I am gonna be me whether you like it or not. If I don't ask your opinion, don't give it. This is my plan and I have full right to follow it without regard to anyone else. The one exception will be if ya got my back and agree with me, but anything else will not be tolerated. Life is complicated enough living out the dramas for one lifetime to be getting involved in anyone else's. Everyone would be a lot richer if they just kept their own unsolicited 2 cents. Live for yourself and stop butting into other people's lives unless it's to genuinely enhance it.

No comments:

Post a Comment