Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Redemption- To set free; rescue or ransom.

I'll keep this short and sweet. I think this last straw, unfortunate circumstance, card I've been dealt or literally shift...may have been a blessing in disguise. I think it finally pushed me into action mode and into the state of mind I need to be in to make things right for myself. I have been in a rut ( and as my previous blog described, quarter-life crisis) and I have been dying to crawl my way out. I think that being told that for the 3rd time I need to just "take and accept" what is being handed to me and that I may get it a 4th time, is not gonna work this time. It's a huge thing to spend 40 and possibly plus hours a week doing something you're not absolutely in love with. Think about the things you spend the most time with: your husband/wife/partner, children, family, pets, hobbies, sleep...does work even remotely compare to these things? For most people it does not, but why the hell shouldn't it?!? I have struggled recently with the LOGIC and the HEART of things...logic hasn't worked for me so well so far and I'm ready to unlock the heart's side of the story...Sure, it may not be smart to start over in this economy, go back to school, but ya know what? Being "smart" has made me miserable...I am ready to be proud. Proud of me, proud of what I do, and feel like I am "the queen of the world" once again. I should not feel NAIVE, RIDICULOUS, and IMMATURE about my dreams. All I am asking for is the chance to take the gifts that I have and to put them to use in a dual purpose...one that will not only make my life better, but anyone else's in this world. Cheers to MAKING SHIT COUNT!!!

2 comments: